Welcome to my blog!
My name is Kaisha, and this is a home for some of my favourite people, places, pictues & pleasures.
This blog of mine originally started as a little side project in August of 2010 when I was obviously elbow deep in studies and looking for a new means of procrastination. I was already a long time blog reader, always attracted to the idea of writing my own, but stuck wondering whether or not my life was interesting enough to be shared with an online population.
After experimenting with tumblr (and growing to hate it) I decided that Blogger was the place for me. With the support of a few fellow bloggers I knew IRL, Far From The Mocking World was born. You may wonder where this blog title came from? And to tell you the truth I hardly know myself. All I know is that whilst sitting here being prompted by a website to choose in that instant the title for the blog, my mind must have been triggered by my all time favourite book, Harper Lee's 'To Kill A Mocking Bird' and then mixed it with another classic, Thomas Hardy's "Far From The Madding Crowd".
It actually makes perfect sense when I think about it now. Far From The Mocking World is a place for me to express myself. To write about whatever it is I want to write about. To share whatever it is I want to share. A place that is in itself quite far from the mocking world (except of course those who are also amongst the blogsphere, and who like to mock?). So far though, my experience using blogger has been nothing short of amazing. I have had the ability to meet some lovely ladies, and had the pleasure of taking a sneak peak into their wonderful lives. I have discovered new music, discussed new books and been inspired to go on new adventures. What started as a quick fix for procrastination soon turned into a hobby, and now stands as a pretty significant part of my life. Massive shout outs to all that fostered this!
A Little Bit About Me
- I am a forth year University student. I have already completed my Social Science degree and will graduate with a major in Humanitarian and Peace Studies and a sub-major in Sociology. I am also more than half way through my Law degree. At the moment I don't really know with any certainty which career path I want to follow when I finish But I'm sure I'll figure it out.
- I work as a bartender in a lovely little bar almost every weekend. As well as this, I work casually in a home entertainment store. I guess you could say I'm just trying my best to survive financially throughout the semester. It doesn't really make for many spare hours during the week. Boo!
- I am a daughter and a sister to my family. I still live with them in a lovely house in a semi-rural part of Sydney, Australia. I am a girlfriend to my adoring boyfriend, and a best friend to some lovely ladies. These guys have dibs on my spare time, and rarely ever make it a dull time!
- I am an animal lover with over 50 pets! Mindy (my newest) pretty much owns my heart. Ever since I was a little girl I loved kittens and always wanted one to call my own. But growing up with a low tolerance for kitty fur always made for allergic reactions and so I never had one. I finally grew out of this and convinced my parents to let me rescue a kitten. Mindy has been a wonderful addition to the family and is adored by everyone!
- I am addicted to social networking and procrastination. Usually one fuels the other.
- I love books and I love reading. I particularly like shopping for second hand books, because the smell is divine. I don't really have a favourite genre although classics like Austen & Bronte' will always have a special spot on my bookshelf.
- Reading from a young age also paved the way for a complete obsession with Harry Potter. This is something that I will probably never get tired of, and I long for the day that I can introduce my children to the fantasy world created by J.K. Rowling.
- It has been pointed out on a number of occasions that I have OCD. I'm not going to elaborate on any of these, but I just thought it should be known.
- Lastly, everyone who knows me IRL would know that I am a giant fan of mushrooms. I would eat mushrooms at every meal if it were possible.
What You Can Expect To Read Here...
My posts usually draw from many of the topics up there in my About Me. I often write about books I have been reading, adventures I have gone on, or places I would love to see. Food will often surface when I have baked something without it going horribly wrong. The same goes for outfits (LOL). Music is a regular feature. I frequent many concerts and festivals, and working in an entertainment store, I purchase a lot of new albums. The opinions expressed are always my own and I'm always keen to discuss these with others. These kinds of posts can be found under the 'music' label, or even my posts on 'lovely ladies' and 'magnificent men'. At the end of each month I write a "best bits" post, recapping on the highlights of the month! (P.S. Sorry in advance for much of my University blues that seem to crop up).
I also have a current 101 goals to achieve in 1001 days list. It can be viewed here. After I cross a few off I'll often blog an update with all the details.
Aside from these personal parts, I will often include links to things I have discovered that NEED to be shared with the rest of the blogging world. Oh and sometimes when I am feeling particularly bloggy, I will participate in blogging challenges like 30 Days of Lists and The Handwriting Challenge.
You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can tweet me at kaishhhha
Thanks again for stopping by! xo