Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Out With The Old...


And in with the new! Yes, this little blog of mine finally has a fresh new face! Part of the reason for my long winded blogger hiatus was because I was left feeling so uninspired by my last layout.  If you cast your eyes on the image above, you can see how my ex-layout was less than average! It was a quick fix /plain jane/no thought layout that I slapped together one day when I decided I was over its predecessor. The result was of negative consequnces... For the next few months I would cast each new idea or feature post aside, and instead think about how I so desperately needed to fix this face!  

Back in February I began frequenting a number design websites and downloading various fonts but nothing really came of it. By March I had drawn up a few complex plans and started tutoring myself in Dreamweaver... but still nothing. It wasn't until I had a spare few hours on Monday that I started playing around. I scraped everything existing and started anew with a blank blogger canvas. The plan was to just play around, and see what I could do to tweak the default templates (my Dreamweaver skills were not developing too fast). But after a while I began to like what I saw. The blank page was clean and crisp and white and I loved it! Of course it wouldn't be Far From The Mocking World without some floral up in there somewhere. Although it should be noted that I did try out some other things, including some aztec and chevron prints and even a hot air balloon theme!? In the end though I turned straight back to what I know and love. So here it is, in all its simplistic glory! 

This is my first time working with a right hand side bar, so its still a work in progress. But i'll iron out all the kinks and figure it all out shortly. What do you think so far? 

5 comments:

  1. The new blog is definitely gorgeous! Hope you start to feel more inspired!
    Sharleena xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks really nice! Love your flowery new header! and your "welcome" picture is so pretty! good work, it's really clean and fresh! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks fabulous! The floral heading is adorable and I love the set-up. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies... It is coming along nicely x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...