Monday, November 22, 2010

Her Name Is Zooey

Actress
Musician 
Model 
Singer / Songwriter


Zooey Deschanel has been blogged to death, but she definitely deserves it!

Personally, I think my love affair with Zooey Deschanel began back in 2003, where she belted out 'Baby it's Cold Outside' in an employee bathroom in Elf. Her supporting role in films like Failure to Launch always saw her cast as the deadpan character - an all too often monotoned friend expressing archly insincere humour (which for those of you who don't know me too well should know I regularly use in my day to day vocab). In the last few years however, Zooey has become well known for her lead roles in Yes Man and (500) Days of Summer, both personal favourites. As a musician, Zooey Deschanel has made my heart melt with She & Him studio albums Volume One and Volume Two. Not to mention the fanciful numbers that appear in her movies, worthy of mention is Munchausen By Proxy.


I think above all though, I am in love with her quirky sort of retro pop style. Sure most of it comes from her ability to rock navy blues and reds and skirts and bows, complimented by her 1960's hair of course. But I think what shines through is a sense of youth and fearlessness. Besides dressing so sweet and being totally adorable, she has real talent that never leaves me disappointed.



Also, I highly recommend having a listen to her version of Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas to make that festive mood just a little more lovely!

1 comment:

  1. I fell in love with her in Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy.

    Sheer perfection when you think the brief was find a girl who could capture the hearts of those from different planets and constellations... the casting director had his/her thinking cap on that day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...